One of the primary aims of Indo Ocean Project is to inspire and promote conservation throughout Indonesia by Indonesians. Therefore we are proud to offer a scholarship program available to 1 male and 1 female Indonesian citizen per year who meet our requirements . This scholarship covers all program fees accept for the processing of diving certifications.
You will be treated exactly the same as every other candidate with the same expectations, program length, and living conditions.
- Indonesian citizen
- Has an Advanced Open Water certification or higher
- Conversational English (all courses are held in English however Indonesian Bahasa training materials and translation is provided)
- History in conservation, marine biology, or related field
- Shows interest in continuing a career in marine conservation within Indonesia
- Able to complete an 800m unassisted swim and 20 minutes treading water
- Accommodation for 8 weeks in shared intern house
- Transfer from South Bali to project headquarters
- Diver Stress & Rescue course
- React Right – first responser CPR/O2/AED
- SSI Dive Guide
- SSI Science of Diving
- SSI Dive Master
- 5 conservation specialties: Scientific Diver, Shark Ecology, Manta Ecology, Turtle Conservation, Coral ID and Resortation
Scholarship Program Fee = 11,150,000 IDR
Regular Program Fee = 46,300,000 IDR
**does not include PADI or SSI Professional training materials or processing fees**
How to Apply:
Please apply directly through the website HERE and tell us why you would like to be considered for the Penida Scholarship Program. After completing a short interview questionnaire, you will be asked to complete a short essay describing what inspired you to apply for Indo Ocean Project and what you hope to achieve from this program.
Program Start Dates:
Male Internship available from January – June
Female Internship available from July – December
Ped, Nusa Penida, Klungkung Regency, Bali.