Indo Ocean Project is happy to announce our annual scholarship for an exceptional multimedia intern worth 43,000,000 IDR.
Indo Ocean Project provides a scholarship for Package #1 at the Penida Project in exchange for 6 months of part-time social media and marketing commitment. The successful candidate will manage our social media platforms, blog posts, and campaign emails during their 2 months internship in Penida and remotely for an additional 4 months for a total of 6 months. This is an excellent opportunity for a career change into the diving and conservation industry while learning and contributing to research efforts in Indonesia and gaining your divemaster certification.
About The Internship
In partnership with certified and award-winning dive centers across Indonesia’s top diving destinations, we offer a specialized intensive conservation focused divemaster and research diver training program. Take on the role of research diver intern at one of our project locations and complete your divemaster and multiple scientific specialty courses related to our in-house research projects. Take the next step towards a career in marine conservation or the diving industry with our team of experience dive professionals and marine biologists to guide you along the way.
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum Rescue Diver and Valid EFR/First Responder CPR/O2 Provider Certification on Start Date
- Minimum of 40 Logged Dives
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in marketing/social and multi media management
- Minimum age – 20 years old
- Proficient in photoshop, adobe, and video editing
- Owns a personal underwater camera and laptop
- Owns mandatory dive equipment for course: Dive computer, SMB & reel
- Owns complete set of dive equipment (or willing to rent for 1,500,000 IDR / 4 weeks)
- Proficient in written and verbal English
8-week Divemaster Training
5 Ecology Specialty Certifications: Shark, Manta, Turtle, Coral, and Marine Ecology
Accommodation in Shared Dorm during 8-week program
60 dives over 2 months
Airport Pick Up and Transfer to Project in Nusa Penida
Additional costs to consider:
- Divemaster Training Materials and Certification Fees = 3,850,000 IDR
- Food and Drink
- Spending Money
- Indonesian VISA (3,500,000 IDR + US$50)
- Return Flights, Dive and Travel Insurance
Start Date: January 3rd, 2021
Penida Project Package #1 – Divemaster
43,000,000 IDR / 8 week program
How to apply:
Send your CV, cover letter, and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Media Internship Scholarship Application” to begin the application process. Application deadline is July 31st 2021 and the successful candidate will be contact on August 15th 2021.
*Must be fully vaccinated 4 weeks prior to your arrival to apply for this scholarship
From Our Graduates
Find out what our graduates are saying about their internship with Indo Ocean Project
Ped, Nusa Penida, Klungkung Regency, Bali.